70% or more of a Service Businesses monthly revenue comes from New Customers finding them and buying services from them.
- I recently hired my roof replaced. I will probably not need that service again for another 25 years.
- A friend just lost a parent and hired an attorney who specializes in estates. She doesn’t anticipate needing his services again for a long time.
- A plastic surgeon performs a face lift. He will not see that client again for a large service for quite a while.
For most Service Business, effective marketing is one of the most time consuming and important activities for the owner.
Hear this: Google owns the virtual universe. Period. Get over it. Not Bing, Not Yahoo, for sure not YP or Yelp or Angies list.If you are spending your advertising dollars anywhere else but Google – STOP IT. Now.
For local Service businesses, being on the First Page of Google is the nearly the highest priority I could assign. Nearly.
Hands down, the internet is the most cost effective way to promote your business to new customers. Yes there’s Bing, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves and others but if you focus your efforts on Google, the gods of the internet will smile upon you. And yes, I know how to get websites to show up on the first page of Google. There’s no trick to it – but it does take time and effort. Finding a professional who knows Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important and learning the basics yourself will ensure that you actually have the right person on board.
Using Google search terms your customers might use to find your type of service? Are you there? First page? Second?
For all of your marketing efforts ask yourself:
- Do you have proven repeatable strategies for lead generation? How many New Client calls are you getting a week, month, year? Are you converting them?
- How much should you spend on advertising? What should a new lead cost? Do you have systems in place for consistently and effectively handling and tracking new Leads?
- When new customers encounter your marketing efforts – what do they notice? Is your brand consistent across all platforms? Does it match your actual Brick and Mortar?
- Yes, showing up on the first page of a Google Keyword search will make your phone ring – but are your ready for the call volume it will generate? Do you have systems in place for tracking, handling and most importantly – converting – new client calls? Do you have the right people answering the phone? Who answers your phones and HOW is critical to achieve profitability. Especially if 70% of your revenues come from NEW CLIENTS.
If you didn’t have answers for these questions, you need help.
Consider this: The marketing and business needs of Small Service Based businesses who deal directly with the public are often misunderstood by consulting firms, marketing vendors, web developers etc..
The unique – high risk Business-2-Consumer (B2C) position of these small businesses are not often understood or even distinguished as unique by many consulting, accounting, and marketing firms. Further, all businesses are NOT equal. They may share some similarities, use the same accounting package, however a small Service based business that deals directly with the public and which relies primarily on B2C transitions for revenue is a completely different model than a Busines-2-business (B2B) small business.
Yes. Being on the first page of Google for Keywords that users might type in a search is critical. AND it will definitely make your phone ring. And although most Service businesses want that to happen, they are rarely prepared to do it well. I can help your Staff master this very important task.
I know how to get websites to show up on the first page of google. That’s the easy part. Transforming the callers experience into a sale – is where the magic lies.
- Got on the First page of Google – organically. (click here for details)
- Fixed the “hole in the bucket”. The front Desk. (click here for more details)